Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

I love spring! I love the weather getting warmer. I love being able to go outside with my little man. I love the colors. It all makes me happy. This last month has been a good one for us. Over conference weekend we decided to start potty training little Brit. He had been waking up from his naps and bedtime dry for quite some time and I really wanted to be done with diapers, so we went cold turkey from diapers to underwear. The first day was an absolute NIGHTMARE!!  We literally sat in the bathroom all day (trying to keep him on the tile and off the carpet). By the end of the second day we figured out how to motivate him. The boy loves the i pad. So we propped the i pad on the back of the toilet and let him watch it every time he went. That seemed to work well and he got peeing down like a pro. He has had only a few wet accidents since then and has done really well. Pooping is another story. For whatever reason he is terrified of pooping on the potty. He refuses to do it. He holds it when I push the issue so I stopped pushing. Luckily he is a regular boy and goes about the same time every day so about those times I put him in a diaper and he goes...he won't pee in his diaper but he will poop. We've gotten into a routine and he is doing well. I think we are both getting used to the new schedule and I am so proud of my little guy. I'll take using only 2 diapers a day over 10!!!  He absolutely loves his underwear! Sometimes he makes me put two pairs on him. One under his pants and one over. He is a funny funny boy!



This was the first year that we did the Easter Egg thing. Britton loved it and we had so much fun watching him. He was fascinated by the eggs, the color, and the candy. He hadn't had too much candy before this Easter. Now that he knows what it is he is constantly going to the pantry asking me for "andy". His favorite are starbursts. Jeremy and I had fun being the Easter bunny. We couldn't help spoiling him a little. He is just too cute for his own good:) I'm so thankful for him and the happiness he brings to us. Here are some of my favorite easter photos:






This Easter season I read an article in the Ensign (a magazine from my church) about the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. This article really struck me and taught me something that I always knew, but never really understood until now. The article talked about how Christ's suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane was not only to provide us with an opportunity to be cleansed of our sins, but also to strengthen and enable us to overcome our trials in life. Christ suffered and died to give us hope and strength as we face the challenges of our day. Through His grace we can not only be forgiven of our mistakes, but we can face our difficulties with confidence, knowing that He will never leave us alone. There is no pain, no suffering, and no trial that we have to go through by ourselves if we allow Him to be by our side. I am so thankful for this knowledge. I am so thankful for a loving Savior who knows me personally. He knows my weaknesses and my strengths. He comforts me when sad and helps me when I need Him. I know that without Him in my life I would be nothing. I also know that He has given me everything good in my life. I am so thankful for my family, my friends, my faith, my education, my work, and the list could go on and on. I live a very blessed life and I thank my Father in Heaven for all the blessings He has given me. I acknowledge His hand in every blessing that I have.



No comments:

Post a Comment