Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

Merry Christmas!!  I love the holidays. I love having small children during the holidays! This was the first year that Britton really understood Christmas. We had a blast doing the advent calendar, teaching him about Santa, using the nice list to our advantage, and seeing his excitement Christmas morning. Here are the kids in their Christmas outfits for church:




The morning of Christmas Eve we got up early to make cookies for Santa. Britton helped me stir the batter and then left me to do all the cooking while he watched a movie!  Then we went on a walk to deliver a few cookies to some neighbors. I bundled the kids up and got them in the double stroller. As we were pulling out of the garage Britton said, "I am SO not in the mood for this mom.  My heart is going to break". I about died laughing. That kid says the funniest things. 

When we got home we had a quiet afternoon just spending time as a family. It was so nice. Jeremy has been working 6 days a week since Thanksgiving so we really have not seen much of him. He and Brit played Mario kart while Savy and I read a book and napped. At night we got the kids in their Christmas jammies and watched Joy to the World. We taught Britton that Christmas is really about celebrating the life and birth of Jesus Christ. It was a warm spirit that was in our home that night for which I am thankful. I love teaching my kids.  After that we read The Night Before Christmas. Brit loved it so much that we had to read it twice. Then the kids snuggled into their beds. Jeremy and I headed downstairs to watch our traditional Christmas movie: Batman the Dark Night, while we helped Santa put the presents under the tree and fill the stockings. 

Christmas morning was pure joy. Britton was so excited about everything and Savannah was quiet while she watched her brother tear through all the packages. Britton opened Savy's presents for her and then decided that they were his and got mad when she started playing with him. This boy is in for a world of hurt here in a few weeks when she starts crawling and becoming mobile. He does not like her touching or playing with anything. We are in for some fun times! We had a wonderful Christmas Breakfast with Jeremy's family. The food was delicious and the company was great. It is times like this that I miss having my family close. I wish we could be closer to them to enjoy the holidays together, but I am thankful for the families that we have and the sacrifices they make for us! 

Here are some pictures of our adventures:



Christmas Jammies! 

Savy's were way too big so we only wore them for pictures:)

LOVE these kids! 

Carrying Santa's cookies to the living room

Leaving them by the tree

Reading bedtime stories

The Night Before Christmas


Santa took a bite! 



We wrapped Britton's door so he could see his new bed inside

Britton's big boy bed with dinosaur bedding! 

Helping sister open her presents

Taking her present away and playing with it himself




His spoils...

Can't believe how big she is getting

Such a cutie! 




We hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and that the Holidays are happy for you and your families!   



No comments:

Post a Comment